Friday, May 6, 2011

Musings on the 5 day LBTL Challenge


SARAH

Hardest parts: Lack of choice, Blandness of some meals, Hunger pangs and fatigue, Cravings for everything and anything

Things that I didn't realise: Calculating, measuring and rationing every item of food bought


Things I learnt: How unbelievably important it is to raise awareness
about the reality of poverty and even if we're only 1% closer to understanding how 1.4 billion people (25% of the world's population) live in extreme poverty, it's still one step closer.


Has it changed the way I'm going to eat and shop? Yes. I will be more careful not to buy huge amounts of food which could end up going to waste. I will calculate more effectively. And I will be eternally grateful for the freedom of choice.

I urge you all to take part

Thanks for the support! Please keep giving: http://my.artezglobal.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=350138
Tell your friends about it!


REBECCA

The elusive other participant makes her debut on the blog...

This week has been easier and harder in ways that I didn't expect. The rigidity of our eating pattern deeply challenged my love of snacking and grazing between meals, but it was interesting to truly feel hungry and anticipate every meal I ate. The same ingredients in almost every meal also became annoying (I have never eaten so many carrots or so much cabbage in my life!) although I am very impressed at the different dishes we (by that I mean Sarah) came up with given our limited options.

It really made me think about how calculated eating on a low budget is
but also showed me how much less I could spend in the supermarket if I was more careful about planning my meals. I've enjoyed challenging myself and my eating patterns this week... though I'm in no hurry to do it again!



THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING US!!


As always,

La Loca



No comments:

Post a Comment