Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 2

BREAKFAST


Porridge with honey. It was actually nicer than yesterday so we gobbled it up without a problem!

I really do think doing a challenge like this when you're in the final weeks of your university life is helpful as you do have an insane amount of work to distract you...! Although pulling an all nighter is out of the question without chocolate snacks by your side.


LUNCH









Quick lunch needed as heading into university and it also needs to be very filling as in uni till 6pm. Couscous with fried onions and tuna and obviously........a few carrots on top! So glad we bought olive oil, I was worried it would run out quickly but it's doing well and it adds a nice taste to whatever we cook :)

I wonder how high my concentration levels will be when we have a bowl of couscous and half a banana to keep us going!

Just a thought as I'm spending a lot of time thinking about food, poverty and how others live etc (aim of the week..!). Even though we're living on £1 a day and it is very hard and I am very hungry, I have it so easy, right? We have a clean fridge to store the food in so it wont go off quickly, we have access to great kitchen appliances which simplify our cooking and come Saturday morning at 00:01 we can snap back to eating for more than £1 a day whereas most people who live in extreme poverty do not have that option. What am I saying? That I'm going to live like this forever now to really empathise with the world's extreme poor? No. I just think it's important to remind myself and others about why I am doing this challenge.

After having spent the afternoon at uni I felt very hungry so as a little snack.... a bowl of rice. It did the trick and filled me up till dinner time!

DINNER

We were excited about this meal as we were going to use the sweet potatoes and they are delicious! I made a kidney bean and cabbage and tomato sauce to go with it and it tasted really good! Added the curry powder and a stock cube so that's where the taste comes from. So far the best meal and definitely looking forward to repeating it on Thursday!












So Day 2 over. Wednesday will be the toughest day in terms of feeling hungry and having to concentrate for a prolonged amount but I'm sure my 4 biscuits will keep me going!

As always,

La Loca












No comments:

Post a Comment