Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 4

Please watch this video before reading on as this guy reiterates exactly what we feel and why we're doing this challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLFopowDPs


BREAKFAST

Yay for Rebecca! She made delicious porridge this morning and I added a banana so that jazzed it up a little! Honestly can't wait to never eat
porridge again.

Definitely feeling more hunger pangs this morning than I was the last few days, maybe the bowl of porridge wasn't big enough? We are feeling pretty tired today and have very low concentration levels. Is it because we're not eating enough calories or our bodies are finally sick of eating so blandly and crave chocolate/noodles/salt/meat!? Our diet has changed a lot in the past 3 days so it's probably our bodies reacting to that. Feeed me moree they say! Wait 2 more days I tell them...!


LUNCH

We made kidney bean and carrot soup with rice. It was nice, Rebecca enjoyed it more than me. It made me sad for the lack of noodle soups in my
life right now.

I have serious lack of energy and feeling more tired than usual, this £1 a day 'diet' is really hitting me today! It's affecting Rebecca as well which it wasn't really before. Bring on Saturday...!

Thought some of you cynics might be interested in reading this blog: What's a £1 got to do with ending poverty?


DINNER



It was delicious! We roasted sweet potatoes again and made sure to roast them for a longer time so they were crisp
y on the outside and soft on the inside. Cabbage and kidney bean tomato sauce to accompany it. We've now run out of all our nice food. I'm going to have to be creative tomorrow with couscous, half an onion, rice and carrots!!



As always,

La Loca


3 comments:

  1. where is your meat!? it's low iron levels more like. also in your first paragraph you refer to your body in the plural and then switch to singular...sort it out mate. if you don't know who this i will be offended :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meat would have taken up our whole budget! And yes you're probably right about iron levels but I can't do anything about that. Big bag of spinach coming my way...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the ingredients you have left, if you simmer the veggies in quite a bit of water and then use this water to soak the cous cous, you will retain all the vitamins and minerals and it will be much tastier.

    Good luck, you've done so well up to now. I finished yesterday and feel so glad I took part in this.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete